Between waking up at 4am and having a really good meal the night before this morning was a slow start. First thing was great as I sat reading how to remove Bamboo, watched tons of youtube videos about how to get the best results and ordered some root killer. As the sun came up so did my head from the night before (A wee too much wine me thinks).
I started off by finishing the jobs from yesterday, can’t wait for the longer days. The digger now has lights so i can keep working into the night. It was frustrating to change the lights on the digger due to a couple of quick fixes from before, they work a treat now. Also fixed the digger door temporarily as it need to be straightened and then the lock needed replacing.
Then to the lower meadow, I dragged the honeysuckle out, hard-work without the quad in action. I built up the fire pile and am due a big burn soon. The tool shed has been getting a little out of hand so that was today’s target or at least to remove the blue desk to have more working space indoors to work on the bee hive.
Jane came out and sorted the green house to begin getting ready for the mammoth seed planting job due to start ASAP. Need to get a little more heat in the greenhouse and make more covered areas. The garage is looking better, still needs more shelves but we’re getting closer to something.
fix all engines
sun shine morning and clouds
mild but windy in afternoon
People on walk
5 + 3 family members
first person spotted 9:33 am
Yo! Wish for it
Yesterday I said “all I need is a dry day” and boy did I get it! The weather was amazing, the was ground dry-ish and the grass dry enough to cut. Made tea for everyone at 9 a.m. and then got straight to it. (but need to think about 12V systems in each barn as I was running all over the place trying to find a car battery with charge everything seams to get zapped by the cold.)
Started by trying to use the sit-on mower as I had just fixed it or so I thought. Realised in fact that there is to much tension on the blades which meant that they were not going anywhere. I spent the days strimming instead and after making my way down one side of the lower meadow I began getting ideas for the new space off the side of the track by the otter pond.
Removed the honeysuckle from the bottom of the arboretum and some. Strimmed the lower meadow and checked the lower pond on Jimmy’s walk. Transplanted a plant known as Fishing Rods to the new pond area to see if it would take. Also planted the grasses (finally) on the left as you come onto Jimmy’s walk from the Plockton side, this is something I need to work on in the area.
Tried using the quad to pick up the piles of grass but the spark plug was black and the battery zapped so no joy but stripped it down again to clean and left the battery on charge overnight. Also looking into replacing the digger lights- remove done to work out how they fit, seems as though theres is a bigger problem than I thought but it was getting far to dark so I will have to finish it off tomorrow.
need to take glue gun in to repair quad tyre
dead trees at the start of Jimmy’s walk to remove- one on either side
piles of chippable brush to remove while winter
paths need a resting
slop leading to lower meadow needs blocking off as needs time to recover
track by barns needs an edge.
amazing sun shine
People on walk
17 (2 local)
first person spotted 9:15 am
Will after a long wet streak the sun finally seam to be getting out and the property is in good health. The Deer are back and playing up as ever down at the back of the new bed the seam to have set up home. and their are dropping every where. so I have pulled up some already devoured plant and moved them into the new bed to see if the deer step into the bed?? if they do then Im going to have to fences off the bed to give the plants a chances to get established hum!
well the day started at 9 am this morning as i got to the property the sun was bright so I could finally walk in with out the use of a touch, handy. but the days are finally getting longer and summer is on its way. after making tea and teaching the wood ands making a fire. I began my plan of moving some plants down from the house pond garden to the new bed. and had the mad idea of using up any bulbs I have left over to fill in the holes.
Once I revamped the plant i relocated them to the new bed at the start of the walk. also added a couple of new surprises to the drive. fingers crossed the deer will not eat them. As I made my way with the excise back up to the house i sore how sad the house first bed is so I went to work on this pulling out grass and splitting plant and adding new stuff so hopefully this will start to take shade. after topping up the bed and adding some horse mauna and extra soil lunch was ready and the day had disappeared now being 2:30 ish.
later cut wood and sharped tools ready to clear more dead trees and just hoping for a dry spell to be able to get the rest of the grass cut around the edge of the meadows.